For the second edition as Director of Women’s Forum Mexico, JC Agid worked with the similar local and international teams as we did in 2016. This included of course the Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society, organizers of the conference and its parent company, Publicis Groupe, led in Mexico by Alejandro Cardoso – but also the Advisory Board joined in 2017 by entrepreneur Nathalie Baaklini, the program director Jennifer Milliken, the Hyatt Regency Mexico City where the conference was held, the local event company, Love Brand, a social media agency part of Publicis Groupe, Nurun, the translation company Word Factor, and the local media relations agency, Alchemia “In the business of transformation.”
With a theme on “Unleashing Leadership,” the second edition of Women’s Forum Mexico added new initiatives and sessions’ formats.
Challenges and scope of work included the coordination of the team; the development of a budget with active sponsors -corporate, non-for-profit, and media; positioning the brand in media and social media; developing story ideas about the topics and attendees of the conference; scouting for delegates and creating a community of leaders involved into the conference; building a delegation of women and men leaders from Canada; and associating Women’s Forum Mexico with other global events in Mexico, such as WeConnect, Morelia en Boca, and a special program for North American women held at the S.R.E. (Mexican ministry for Foreign Affairs).
Thanks to our partners and teams, more than 1,000 delegates and media were in attendance, including 26% of men (up from 21% in 2016).
new in 2017
- Women in Sport & New at the Top – developed by Jennifer Milliken
- Workshop Series – developed by Jennifer Milliken
- Call to Actions’ series of sessions
- Musical opening in partnership with SIVAM and a concert during the opening dinner
- Series of 50+ digital interviews with delegates and speakers prior to the conference
- Graduate students delegation during the last afternoon of the conference in partnership with PwC Mexico
- Pre-conference day of North American meetings held at Mexico’s Foreign Affairs Office (S.R.E) organized by the S.R.E. in partnership with the Canadian and US embassies to Mexico, and with Women’s Forum Mexico
- Partnership and participation in the second edition of WeConnect International conference in Mexico City
- Partnership with the Franco-Mexican Chamber of Commerce annual gala
- Special session held at Palacio de Hierro Polanco in partnership with Alchemia
- Post conference screening and debate on Human Trafficking with “Amazing Women” Norma Bastidas in partnership with Cinépolis
THE AMBASSADORS: THE ADVISORY BOARD 2017
I had the honor to launch -and work with- an advisory board.
Each member went up and beyond to make the first Women’s Forum Mexico a success.
These leaders embody the idea of co-creation. Grateful!
THE OTHER TEAM
Women’s Forum Mexico 2017 renewed its 2016 partnership with Lourdes Berho, the President and founder of Alchemia, a Mexico City-based full media agency. We met with Lourdes Berho when Danié Gomez-Ortigoza and I were scouting leaders who would be a great addition to the Mexican delegation to attend the 2014 Women’s Forum Global Meeting.
Lourdes Berho immediately became one of the very active members of the delegation. She had already pioneered many dialogues on women empowerment in Mexico and was particularly eager to see an international Women’s conference succeed in Mexico.
So not only did she join the Advisory Board of Women’s Forum Mexico, but she also committed ressources and a very efficient and dedicated team. Under Lourdes Berho leadership, we worked with Tere Medina, a former editor at Vanity Fair Mexico. Tere very successfully coordinated journalists, media pitch, follow up and sources. A special gratitude to all the members of Alchemia, including Selene Miranda, Paloma Gonzalez, and Priscila Alonso.
As in 2016, this partnership resulted in incomparable media coverage, thus creating another and necessary of long term impact.
Alchemia is a multi-platform agency specializing in the development of integrated communication strategies, based on sustainability as a principle of innovation for a better future. Focus is on travel and tourism, innovation and sustainability. Its areas of expertise include PR, sales, marketing and custom publishing.